The Inexperienced Friday marketing campaign builds on the retailer’s round ambitions to allow Canadian shoppers to dwell extra sustainably by giving a second life to the products they already love.
Burlington, ON, November 1, 2021 /CNW/ – Constructing on the success of its inaugural yr, IKEA Canada immediately introduced its new, month-long Inexperienced Friday marketing campaign. Throughout one of many largest buying seasons of the yr, IKEA is shifting the dialog to indicate how sustainable residing might be simple and reasonably priced for all. In lieu of door crasher offers, the retailer invitations Canadians to shut the loop on circularity, first by encouraging prospects to promote their gently used IKEA merchandise for an added incentive, after which Provides particular promotions for purchases of pre-loved gadgets inside the retailer. The much-loved round hub (as is) part.
“Nobody needs to be idle. We all know from analysis that 9 out of ten individuals are prepared to do extra to fight local weather change of their each day lives, though many individuals do not know the place to start out.” Melissa Barbosa, Head of Sustainability, IKEA Canada. “With the IKEA Inexperienced Friday marketing campaign, we need to present that taking optimistic steps towards a extra sustainable residing might be each reasonably priced and handy.”
The Inexperienced Friday marketing campaign is only one step on IKEA’s journey to develop into a completely round and local weather optimistic enterprise by 2030. This contains utilizing solely renewable, recycled, or recyclable supplies, eliminating waste, and introducing providers that assist prospects lengthen their lives. the product.
By way of the IKEA Canada Promote-Again Program, prospects can apply to promote again their gently used IKEA merchandise in alternate for in-store credit score. A part of the IKEA Household Loyalty Program, the sell-back service has seen sturdy engagement since its launch Canada in 2019. IKEA Canada can also be turning its S-Ease part right into a round hub, the place merchandise which are slowly used, discontinued or previous showroom shows create a sexy vary of Second Life merchandise at reasonably priced costs. For patrons who start their buying journey on-line, the brand new Round Hub Market permits prospects to order an merchandise earlier than heading to the shop. In 2021*, over 1.8 million merchandise got a second life at IKEA Canada via repackaging and resale.
“This is a vital decade in tackling local weather change, which signifies that our imaginative and prescient, to create higher on a regular basis lives for many individuals, is extra vital than ever.” Melissa Barbosa, Head of Sustainability, IKEA Canada. “By benefiting from uncooked supplies and retaining merchandise in use for so long as doable via round providers, we will make a major contribution to lowering the local weather footprint of the IKEA enterprise.”
Inexperienced Friday marketing campaign launched 1 NovemberProviding numerous methods prospects can have interaction in round efforts together with:
- From November 1-14, IKEA members of the family can earn 1.5x the worth of a sell-back credit score on gently used IKEA furnishings. IKEA in flip offers a second life to the product via resale or donation.
- Feather November 25, IKEA Canada will host digital workshops to help prospects in extending the lifetime of their IKEA merchandise. Signal-up is dwell for IKEA members of the family 8 November,
- From November 26-29Members of the IKEA household get an extra 25 p.c off merchandise within the Round Hub (as is) part.
- Feather Saturday, November 27Choose IKEA Canada shops will host parking zone donation drives for each furnishings and electronics. Between 10 am to 4 pmSteadily used home items and electronics will likely be collected by area people companions and, in return, donors will likely be provided an extra incentive, $25 cease shopping for $150 as much as or extra December 4,
- This November, shops throughout Canada will introduce a brand new Sustainable Residing Store, highlighting simply how huge an affect small actions can have in our each day lives. It contains reasonably priced power and water saving options, tricks to cut back meals waste, and planet-friendly habits.
Clients can go to IKEA.ca/GreenFriday for extra data on Inexperienced Friday.
IKEA Canada continues to drive ahead on sustainability via its bold Individuals and Planet optimistic commitments. This month, will associate with IKEA COP26united nations local weather convention Glasgow, UK From 31 October , November 12, 2021, This convention is a vital second for world leaders to return collectively and switch the tide on local weather change.
*Fiscal 12 months 2021 for IKEA Canada: September 1, 2020 , 31 August 2021,
about IKEA Canada
established in 1943 Sweden, IKEA is a number one residence furnishing retailer, providing a variety of effectively designed, practical residence furnishing merchandise at such low costs in order that increasingly more individuals should buy them. IKEA Canada is a part of the Ingka Group which operates 374 IKEA shops in 30 nations, together with 14 in Canada, Final yr, IKEA Canada welcomed 31 million guests to its shops and 117 million guests to IKEA.ca. IKEA Canada operates enterprise via the IKEA imaginative and prescient – to create higher on a regular basis lives for many individuals and does so via its area people efforts and sustainability initiatives. For extra data on IKEA Canada, please go to ikea.ca.
Supply IKEA Canada
For extra data: For media inquiries: Kristin Newbiging, Communications Operations Supervisor, IKEA Canada, [email protected]